The beneficiaries are;
According to a statement issued by the Deputy Minister of Health, Dr Victor A Bampoe, the amount covered the medical expenses of 151 victims.
The statement said 71 of the victims had been treated and discharged, while the remaining 80 were in critical condition.
A twin fire and flood disaster on Wednesday June 3, this year, left more than 150 people dead. Houses and properties running into billions of Ghana cedis were also destroyed. President John Dramani Mahama announced a GH¢ 60 million package to assist the victims.
According to the statement, the payment of the initial medical bills was arrived at after consultation with medical experts in the four hospitals where the victims were sent for care.
It said medical professionals considered the severity of the burns, depth of tissues damage, location of burns and associated injuries such as fractures and sprains from general injury from the floods.
The statement said the payment of the medical bills of the injured was in fulfilment of the government’s pledge to pay for the cost of treatment of the disaster victims.