One person with very serious burns is also battling for his life following the incident that occurred around 10:25. (See map below, for location)
“There were some chainsaw operators who were preparing for the day’s activities. So they were transferring fuel from a bigger barrel into a small container for easy transportation and as a result the pot in which they were doing some cooking caught fire as a result of a contact. And that’s how the whole house caught fire,” he said.
The disaster, he said, has thrown the whole town into a state of shock adding that “we are very devastated in Daboya.”